A Condition Survey provides an assessment of physical property conditions. The survey will identify deficiencies, and maintenance issues including, but not limited to structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, site layout, site utilities, storm water management, soil erosion, decoration, maintenance and life safety systems. To facilitate an informed decision-making process, a Condition Survey should result in a clear understanding of the current condition of operating systems by a Client.
The extent of a Condition Survey can vary depending upon the Client’s need for information. Starting with a visual observation of existing conditions to periodic monitoring and testing of building and site systems, the Condition Survey can be summarised in a one-page letter or prepared in a bound report complete with test results, calculations, detailed narrative and photographs.
A Condition Survey includes:
- A description and narrative of findings,
- Clear condition grades of individual premises within the estate,
- Recommendations for remedial works or replacements,
- Full costings
- Identification of associated risks and priorities,
- Information about other benefits such as energy savings.