Finally, you are ready for the build! But first you have a pre-construction meeting to deal with work hours, the storage of materials, quality control and site access. Then get everyone on site and set up.
GEA will chair and minute the pre-commencement meeting to establish the access to the site, compound area etc. and to ensure that the selected contractor have all the necessary insurances and approvals in place before commencement of works.
Once a commencement date has been agreed and the form of contract adopted and signed by both parties, GEA will provide full Post Contract Services to the Client throughout the Contractors period on site, as follows:
- Weekly site visits to monitor progress.
- Monthly site meetings chaired by GEA with minutes.
- Monthly valuations to agree payments on account with the Contractor.
- Agree value of any variations or expenditures of and Provisional Sums.
- Monthly Financial Reports indicating anticipated final costs.
- Monthly monitoring of CDM requirements, Health and Safety obligations.
- Agreement of Final Account.
- Provide ‘snagging’ list and ‘sign-off’ at Practical Completion.
- Completion of Health and Safety File with warranties, instruction manuals and final ‘as-built’ drawings.