Services provided by GEA on this particular project were as follows:
- Budget Estimates, Feasibility Studies.
- Preparation of Specification, Description of Materials and Workmanship.
- Advice on Procurement and Contract Selection.
- Preparing Tender Documents.
- Analysing Tenders returned, preparing Tender Report with recommendations.
- Producing Specific Bill of Quantities for the site, and agreeing Contract Sums with Contractor.
- Financial Reports anticipating Final Costs.
- Cost control – Valuation payments and Financial Statements
- Agreement of Contractors Final Account.
- GEA were commended by the School for the service provided.
Total Contract Value: £112,000
Location: Great Chesterford, Essex CB10 1NN
Contract Value: £112,000
The project consisted of alterations to the existing main entrance to form a new reception area, foyer with an office and sick bay area to the rear. The development was situated in a prominent position at the front of the School to provide an inviting and welcoming environment for visitors.
Client and Professional Team: The Governors of the Great Chesterford CofE Primary School whose registered address is School Street, Great Chesterford, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1NN. The Headmaster is Mr Henry Wear
Quantity Surveyor: Graham Ellis Associates Chartered Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers
Architect: Bareham Overy Partnership, The Forge, Burton Barns, Burton End, Stansted, Essex CM24 8UE
Contractor: D. Almond Building Contractors at 2 The Oakes, Upper Park, Harlow, Essex
GEA have worked in the industry for 30 years specialising in providing and Quantity Surveying and Project Management Services to education establishments. Our historic database is being constantly updated and collated by our Cost Management team. The Final Account for the project was agreed on budget and within the Contract Sum.